Industry and Public Education | ASCO
Content developed and provided by ASCO member oncologists
ASCO® Advantage is an educational, interactive, and content-based disease status program offered by ASCO to business groups and other audiences. ASCO Advantage advances clinical cancer knowledge and builds confidence for clinical conversations with oncology treatment teams.
ASCO Advantage educational benefits include
- Program developed by ASCO and clinicians selected from the approximately 45,000 ASCO members who are recognized as leaders or experts in oncology research, treatment, education and the advancement of outcomes.
- To help participants gain control and confidence and keep their knowledge up to date.
- Deepen participants’ understanding of cancer disease states by reinforcing concepts with practical, real-life examples and discussion.
- Present participants who successfully complete the program with an ASCO Certificate of Completion.
- Gain knowledge, tools, insight and confidence to effectively bridge your group with oncology treatment teams.
Examples of relevant audiences
- Patient Advocates and Navigators
- Quality assurance or usability review professionals
- Internal company teams
- Corporate trainers
Schedule an ASCO Advantage Program Today
We will translate your educational goals into a focused two-day program developed by ASCO clinical opinion leaders and subject matter experts. Your team will examine the patient journey, from diagnosis to disease management, while participating in structured, multidisciplinary and interactive training. With the completion of the ASCO Advantage program, your group will be able to interact with oncology clinicians, ask relevant questions, and understand information about evidence-based clinical care options. Participant learning is enhanced by opportunities for ongoing monitoring.
- Created from evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and consensus statements
- Results tracked and measured
- Develops skills through experiential learning, assessment and feedback
- Training provided at the Allen S. Lichter, MD Conference Center, ASCO Headquarters, or select leading academic medical centers
ASCO Guiding Principles for Public and Business Education
- The program must be an educational activity and not a promotional one.
- ASCO will have strict and complete independence over the content of the program.
- All program content must be objective, balanced and non-promotional.
- Faculty will be selected by ASCO without influence from the client.
- All programs will be subject to written legal agreements or statements of work or work orders.
- All programs must comply with IRS standards, the Council of Medical Specialty Societies (CMSS) code, and existing ASCO policies including the Business Development Guidelines, Joint Venture Policy, Standards licensing guidelines, corporate alliance guidelines, advertising guidelines and conflict of interest policies.
For more information, please Contact us.